Laser Therapy Provides Relief
Laser therapy can make all the difference in the world for animals suffering from a number of conditions, including arthritis, neck & back pain, trauma, post -surgery pain and many inflammatory diseases like lick granulomas and anal sac issues. For animals with these problems, laser therapy treatment at The Richman Animal Clinic can mean living in comfort instead of living with pain.
PRICES START AT $20 AND DISCOUNTED PACKAGES ARE AVAILABLE!
What are the benefits of laser therapy for animals?
Dr. Richman was the first veterinarian in Northeast Ohio to offer healing laser treatments (Class IV laser). This laser treatment is beneficial for relieving pain, healing wounds (including surgical incisions) and a solution for many inflammatory issues. We has been successful in using laser treatments to treat hotspots, trauma, ligament and tendon injuries, arthritis, hip dysplasia and a variety of other problems. We also have many owners that have traveled over 2 hours for laser treatments for their pets. These clients and their animals have left happy, and ready to go back to their normal lives.
Laser therapy is a valuable treatment plan because it is non-invasive. It helps fluid and blood flow, and stimulates the release of endorphins, a pet’s natural painkiller. It is a painless procedure that often helps to reduce pain and recovery time. Preparatory work needs to be done before hand, including an exam and X-rays to pinpoint the exact problem area(s). Laser therapy is a terrific way to treat these problems, easy for your pet and your pocketbook!
10 Benefits of MLS Laser Therapy
1. Anti-Inflammatory: MLS Laser Therapy has an anti-edema effect as it causes vasodilation, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system, which drains swollen areas. As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
2. Analgesic: MLS Laser Therapy has a beneficial effect on nerve cells. It blocks pain transmitted by these cells to the brain, which decreases nerve sensitivity. Also, due to decreased inflammation, there is less edema and less pain. Another pain blocking mechanism involves the production of high levels of pain killing chemicals such as endorphins and enkephalin from the brain and adrenal gland.
3. Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth: Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light, damaged cells are repaired faster.
4. Improved Vascular Activity: Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue which speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly and reduces scar tissue. Additional benefits include acceleration of angiogenesis, which causes temporary vasodilation and increases the diameter of blood vessels.
5. Increases Metabolic Activity: MLS Laser Therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
6. Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points: MLS Laser Therapy stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a noninvasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
7. Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: MLS Laser Therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns or surgery.
8. Improved Nerve Function: Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light speeds the process of nerve cell reconnection and increase the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle healing.
9. Immunoregulation: Laser light has a direct effect on immunity status by stimulating immunglobulins and lymphocytes. Laser emissions are absorbed by chromophores (molecule enzymes) that react to laser light. Upon exposure to the laser, the enzyme flavomononucleotide is activated and starts the production of ATP (adenosine-triphosphate), which is the major carrier of cell energy and the energy source for all chemical reactions in the cells.
10. Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates fibroblast development in damaged tissue. Fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries. As a result, MLS Laser Therapy is effective post surgically and in the treatment of open wounds and burns.
Laser Therapy Helps Pets in Richmond Heights, Willoughby Hills and Euclid
The Class IV Laser used at The Richman Animal Clinic is the next generation Laser, just out in July 2014. It is used by numerous professional sports teams and the US Olympic team because it is able to penetrate tissue with perfect accuracy. The end result is a much shorter treatment period. By treating both pain and inflammation at the same time, the laser treatments are more effective and efficient for our pets.
While laser therapy can address serious issues of pain and inflammation, it is also used to quickly heal superficial lesions or open wounds. This means, of course, that pets spend less time with a cone around their neck! We are the only clinic in Richmond Heights that can help our animals recover faster and with less pain by using laser therapy.
Laser Therapy For Animals in Richmond Heights and Surrounding Communities
We treat pets from the east side of Cleveland / Cuyahoga county and Western Lake county: Beachwood, Euclid, South Euclid, Gates Mills, Richmond Heights, the Hillcrest area, Highland Heights, Lyndhurst, Mayfield, Mayfield Heights, University Heights, Eastlake, Kirtland, Mentor, Wickliffe, Willoughby, Willoughby Hills, and Willowick. Find us at: 26909 Chardon Rd, Richmond Heights, OH 44143
Call 440-585-3600 or email us with any questions and/or to schedule a consultation with our veterinarian, Dr. Richman.
Richman Animal Clinic
26909 Chardon Rd
Richmond Heights OH 44143